Discipline: Theater studies
Music 21: Attend a live western classical music performance and write a typed report.
1. The level of the performance must be college-age performers or professional no middle/high school.
2.The performance must be of western art music, similar to the genres discussed in text chapters assigned in the syllabus; orchestra, chamber music, solo instrumental performances, opera, choir, ballet, musicals. If you have doubts about a concert qualifying as western art, music, e-mail me before attending.
3. You must attend the entire performance- no late arrivals or early departures. Name of Concert attended: Music with a French Flair concert by Debussy, Berstein, Gounod and Gillock
Discipline: Business and Management
).Write a report that summarizes your analysis of Papa John’s International Inc.
b). Go to Papa John’s website and identify its mission statement. Evaluate the mission statement based on what you know from the course. Reviewing the company’s financial information, explain the company’s financial and operating performance in line with its strategic business focuses.
c). Identify the firm’s strategy. Do you believe that the strategy is appropriate given the conditions described in the case?
d). Conduct a SWOT analysis of Papa John’s Restaurant and explain your findings. Provide your critiques related to its strategies and focus and any limitations you detect. Is this an attractive industry in which to operate? Why or why not?
e). Which of the following would you recommend in your case and why?
i. Any of the five generic competitive strategies?
ii. Strategic alliances, mergers, acquisition, outsourcing, or competing in new iii.specific, identifiable markets?
iv. International expansion?
f). Consider and discuss the ethics of the industry and the strategy used by the company. As far as you can tell, to what extent is the company practicing business ethics, social responsibility, and environmental sustainability?
Discipline: English & Literature
In Faludi’s text, we see the phrase to “act like human beings” which shows a sense of falsehood (Faludi 103). As you think about the reliance, challenges, and jealousy that are examined in Faludi’s text, consider how the media and what we choose to see affect one of the aforementioned elements. Examine what this really means and how the two, coupled together, lends itself to whether or not society “act[s] like human beings” (Faludi 103).
Relate the following two text with Faludi’s text in your argument:
ü Beth Loffreda, Selections from Losing Matt Shepard: Life and Politics in the Aftermath of Anti-Gay Murder
Oliver Sacks, “The Mind’s Eye: What the Blind See”
Discipline: Film Studies
Write a three-page report on the scene; I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, in the movie Good Fellas that shows the communication processes with utmost three specific concepts used by the actors.
Paper Instructions from Customers
In College: What It Was, Is, and Should Be, Columbia University Professor of Humanities Andrew Delbanco develops a thesis concerning the nature and purpose of higher education. He gives various reasons in support of his thesis and suggestions about how an undergraduate education ought to be structured.
In this Writing Assignment, your task is twofold:
1. You are to evaluate some aspect of Delbanco’s thesis.
2. Second, you are to situate the place of philosophy (if there is one) within your evaluation of Delbanco’s thesis. This task is complicated, but manageable. The first part consists in precisely saying whether or not the aspect of Delbanco’s thesis you address is defensible. He has definite ideas about what college is for, and your paper needs to show evidence that you understand what he’s saying. You also need to indicate your agreement or disagreement with him.
Discipline: English Language
Argumentative Essay, is addiction is a disease or a choice?
Preliminary works cited page, 5 sources - 3 must be scholarly sources.
For this paper, consider this quote from the Senator in God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater: “A poor man with gumption can still elevate himself out of the mire.” Vonnegut’s discussion on this point is complex, and you should consider all the characters he investigates, and angles he takes when confronting this topic, and answer the following question: To what extent is the quote both true and untrue for the characters of Eliot, the Senator, and Fred Rosewater?
You may want to consider the following questions/prompts while preparing for and writing this paper. You do not need to answer all of them (or any of them)! They are simply designed to help you generate ideas.
· Consider The Senator’s speech on the floor of Congress: how does he view the poor, the lazy, the weak? How does that fit into the overall point Vonnegut is making?
· Consider Eliot’s desire to “care about these people”. How is Vonnegut using Eliot to portray one side of the argument? Why is Eliot drunken? Why is he caring but carless?
· Consider Fred Rosewater’s profession – people are worth more dead than alive – how does that factor into the Senator’s quote?
Discipline: English and Literature
Paper Instructions from Customer
Task: Create an annotated bibliography of four sources on the Evolution of Digital Marketing
Length: Four citations, each with an annotation of approximately 150 words
Sources: Four sources related to your research topic, including at least two from scholarly journal articles. All four sources should be high-quality sources that you can use in your research project.
The outcomes for this assignment are listed below
ü Identify valid and reliable sources that can be used in the composition of a research essay
ü Explain the nature of selected sources and their relevance of sources to the research essay
ü Set up an annotated bibliography in APA format
Discipline: Religion and theology
Discipline: Nutritional Counselling
Lab Report Instructions
Imagine yourself in the role of a Nutrition Counselor and Josephine is your client. Josephine is a 20-year-old female who is present for an eating disorder not otherwise specified. She currently teaches salsa lessons at the community college and is in her last semester of college. She reports she is living at home and the food her mom prepares is not the healthiest because her mom is from Honduras and her father is from Guatemala, so the food is prepared differently. She indicates she has been thin all her life, although she has struggled to maintain her weight since going through puberty, and since she is a salsa instructor, she has to remain fit. She reports she feels very guilty if she has consumed fried foods during the day, but since that is the way her mom primarily cooks, she feels awful to tell her mom to stop cooking that way. She reports if she does consume too much-fried foods or junk food, she will run at least 2-3 miles that day or else force herself to vomit, but all the food does not come out. She reports sometimes if she has a later class, she will not eat dinner or only eat 1 meal per day. She has tried counting calories, but then she gets so mad at herself for having more than 1200 calories it causes her to exercise more, which then leads her to feel exhausted. She indicates she is on no medication but does take a multivitamin when she remembers. She indicates she has gone from 110 pounds to 125 pounds over 5 years and wants to be back down to 110 or even less. She also had gone to the doctor and he was quite concerned with her lab values. She has provided you a 24-hour meal record:
Breakfast: 1-6” corn tortilla, ½ cup fried beans cooked with peppers, onions, and oil, ½ cup rice, 1 cup no sugar added orange juice
Lunch: 1 slice of whole wheat bread, 2 slices turkey, 1 small apple
Dinner: 2- 6” tortillas, Beef with onions, peppers cooked in oil, Tomato, onion, pepper salad (made with oil and lime juice), 2 cups of rice
Height: 5’2” Weight: 117 pounds (based on your scale in the office)
Reference Units: Albumin (visceral protein stores), 3.3 g/dL, 3.5-4.8 g/dL, Sodium, 133 mEq/L, 136-145 mEq/L, Potassium, 3.8 mEq/L, 3.5-5.2 mEq/L, Iron, 0.4 mg/dL, 0.6-1.1 mg/dL, Vitamin B12, 185 pg/mL, 200-835 pg/mL
Questions for Unit 9:
1. Documentation needs to be completed at each nutrition counseling session. What information needs to be documented and kept in Josephine’s medical record?
2. Can we provide Josephine’s health and nutrition information to another health professional? Why or Why not?
3. In order for Josephine to continue to follow up, how do we address payment and reimbursement?
4. What motivational techniques would you use to motivate Josephine to continue making progress?
5. It is important to ensure Josephine is progressing through each counseling session.
Answer the following questions regarding Josephine’s progress:
6. How often would you schedule follow-up sessions with Josephine?
7. What type of information would you like to collect at the follow-up appointments?
8. How would you assess her previously set goals?
9. Identify any obstacles which could impede her success in achieving these goals.
10. How would you help her get beyond these obstacles?
This assignment needs to be at least two pages in length and includes at least two references.
This Assignment should be in APA format and follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics. Be sure to use APA in-text citations and a reference page to attribute each source.