A type of essay that is basic on using facts and logical arguments to make critical conclusions. A deductive essay assumes that when a student is given certain concepts (premises) he or she should make reasonable assumptions.
Structure of a Deductive Essay
- Introduction- Identify the topic and the thesis statement
- 1st Paragraph- Present general cues and basic information to be used for reasoning.
- 2rd Paragraph- Give evidence that should be related to the premises
- 3rd Paragraph- Give an analysis and deductive conclusion.
- 4th Paragraph- Repeat the thesis and restate the deductive conclusion.